7 ways to get the best out of your Air conditioner
March 19, 2018
If you want to get the best out of your air conditioning unit then you need to follow the 7 below mentioned points.
- Wash your windows before installing it: Before installing the air conditioner, ensure that you clean your windows because once the unit is in, there's no real way to clean the two sides of the glass (unless you live on the ground floor and can access the windows from outside, and still, at the end of the day you wouldn't have the capacity to clean the area where the double-hung windows overlap
- Filling the holes: Regardless of how effective your cooling system is, the cool air will spill out of your home in the event that you don't have it legitimately fixed, and you will wind up with increased power bills. Ensure you fill the holes between the edge of the lower band and the window and the upper sash and in addition every one of the cracks around the side boards. In case you are not able to do it yourself, you can hire someone from a reputable air conditioning service provider.
- Go clear: You can go all clear by purchase plexiglass sheets available at most tool shops instead of using air conditioning panels. To install it, simply measure the open holes, score the measurements on the two sides of the plexiglass (Don't the protective cover while you do this) with a glass shaper or the dull side of a container shaper and afterward simply snap the pieces off. Evacuate the defensive cover and secure the plexiglass pieces with screws to the window sash and base rail. A good air condition repair service can also help you with this.
- Help keep it cool: It might appear obvious, but still, keep your curtains down, your shades down and your windows shut amid the hot summer days with the goal that the cool air remains in and the sweltering air remains out. This will give you the best out of your air conditioner.
- Close the windows: In the morning, when the weather starts to warm up, close the windows and close the shades on the south side of your home if you want to take the best out of your air conditioner. However, make sure to not let them close throughout the day.
- Clean the filters: Cleaning your cooling unit's filters is not difficult to do however if you still find it difficult then just hire a person from a good air conditioning service providing company such as rileyheatandair
- Clean the coils: The coil of your air conditioning unit is what move the hot air as well as the cool air in, and they also attract the dust and dirt. So it is important to clean them perfectly. They are very easy to clean and the simple cleaning can give you the best out of your air conditioner.